Are you struggling to manage your team? Are they engaged? Are they focused? Are they happy?
It is your responsibility as a manager, supervisor, or business owner to steer employee engagement. Take a look at the following areas and see where you could improve:
- Employee Relations- Keep track of you relationships with other employees. How you interact and function on the team affects the team as a whole.
- Lead by example- Hold yourself to the same standard you expect of everyone else.
- Reward Achievement- Positively enforce and reward good behavior.
- Delegate- Empower your employees with more responsibility. Emphasize its importance and they’ll feel their role on the team validated.
- Support- Managers need support too. Work with your employees to make their experience better and yours easier.
Engaged employees are more focused and generally more successful. Take time to engage your team, and you will be happy you did.