As we dream and set goals, it is important to prioritize our time so we are spending it where we are most valuable, and accomplishing important things first. To do this, use these tips:
- Create a “to do” list
- You will need to know what is on your list and when each thing needs to be done by in order to prioritize effectively. Give each task a “by when” date.
- Time block
- Set aside time for each task where you can accomplish it without distraction. Let others know you are doing this to help limit interruptions.
- Manage your time
- Schedule enough time to accomplish your tasks before they are due. You will need to use your calendar effectively and be aware of everything you have going on.
- Get Organized
- Everything has a place and every place has a thing. Get organized with proper labeling, using folders, and designated locations for everything.
- We all have stuff on our list that is delegate-able. Identify those things and delegate what you can so you can free up some time to accomplish more important things on your list that need your attention.
Once you start prioritizing, it will take the pressure off and help you feel less overwhelmed. Don’t let your many roles create so much for you to do that it gets in the way of what you really want to do. Take back your day!